If there is one specific weapon that will never lose its charm, it is swords. In every historical period, swords have had a particular role and identity. The more we go into the detail of each sword, we see stories emerging.
Even now, during the age of technology and fast-paced gadgets, many people would question; do people still use swords? Swords have been outdated from combat and battle, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t used in multiple ways. Swords are very much still in use and actively sold in weapon stores and on websites. Here are some common reasons people buy and use a sword.
- For identity – family heirlooms all over the world often have a sword as the object that passes through generations. People equate family honor and pride with the sword used by their forefathers.
- Collection – if they’re not passed down from father to son, they are collected by sword enthusiasts who love their history. Each sword has a separate story behind why it’s made and how it’s used. Sword collectors enjoy gathering swords from different cultures and periods.
- Role-play and accessorizing – like many age-old trends, sword are still used as walking canes, fashion statements, and feature quite heavily in cosplay and dress-up culture. Dressing up as knights, warriors, samurais, and iconic characters from fantasy fiction heavily feature sword.
For sport – some swords have stood the test of time—fencing and martial arts that heavily rely on real swords and buy them for the game.
Brandishing Blades – Are Swords Legal In America?
- If you’re in California, it is legal but lawfully required to carry a sword without a sheath. By law, you can carry a sword as long as it is openly carried.
- Similarly, carrying swords or owning them in Arizona is also legal as they have very lax laws regarding knives and swords.
- Since swords aren’t used as weapons anymore, they are seen more as artifacts. They are less threatening than switchblades, so they are legal to buy and own in almost all of the U.S.
- You can always check your state laws to determine the legality of carrying or owning swords in your state to avoid issues.
Switch Up The Old-Time Charm With The Best Swords Online
There are many stores and pawn shops all across the U.S., where you can find authentic swords for collection. And then there are essential weapon stores that sell martial arts swords and fencing rapier swords for practice. But if there’s a single source to find all kinds of swords for every purpose described above, it’s the mighty internet.
You can easily find swords in local stores, but there is no guarantee of variety and quality. But there are plenty of online retailers like PA Knives who deal in the most diverse collection of swords. From fancy to fantasy, there is one great sword for everyone. Buy from some of the fantastic swords you can get at PA Knives with a click of a button:
Swords are one of the most famous weapons of the medieval era. Every generation of sword lovers has obsessed over knights, warriors, and kings and tales of bravery affiliated with each blade.
You can’t talk about medieval swords without mentioning the famous Excalibur. The famed sword of King Arthur is legendary and still popular among sword fans. So if you want to own the best replica, you can get the Excalibur Sword with Etched Blade for $48.29.
The next most exciting swords in history have to be samurai and ninja swords. Each sword symbolizes the warrior’s honor and pride. Samurai swords are unique and sleek in design and loved by collectors.
It’s not ideally easy to try and find authentic samurai and ninja swords since they are rare. But that doesn’t mean you can’t buy high-quality replicas to add to your collection. You can buy this 41″ Samurai Sword with Inscription & Cord Wrapped Handle for $21.89 and the Last Samurai Sword – Sword of Battle collectible sword for just $18.39.
As of late, the genre of fantasy and anime swords- have significantly risen. Thanks to the start of Comic-Con and fantasy-themed meetups, demand for famous fantasy shows and game merchandise has increased.
If you are also into cosplay and Comic-Con, then you should get your hands on this Link Master Sword Zelda Twilight Princess Fantasy Sword with Plaque for $43.99. Even the most obscure genre anime swords are also available online, like The Kingdom Of Gem Anime Replica High Carbon Steel Sword for $19.99 only.
War artifacts are a long-driven obsession with collectors. War replicas project power and honor. That is why many people not only like to collect a sword but also incorporate them into their lifestyles. Using a sword cane is an English fashion statement that’s driven by the love of war artifacts.
If you’re a war weapon enthusiast, you can get the classy Shelby Officers Civil War Sword for $33.95.
Buy Explicable Cheap Swords From PA Knives
All the swords that you see listed above are courtesy of the PA Knives website. The reason that they’re priced so low is that they are wholesale swords available at slashed prices. No matter what sword you fancy, you don’t have to pay a fancy price for them.