Welcoming a baby in your life is quite an overwhelming occasion. After all, there are a variety of things that need to be taken care of and you are confronted with a plethora of choices. So, making up the mind is the greatest challenge that you face.
The market for the baby products is flooded with options that claim to be tailor-made to suit the various needs of the babies.
But keep in mind that the new-borns are extremely delicate and sensitive. So, you cannot pick the first product that you come across.
Most parents struggle with deciding the best option for their little one. To make it simpler for you, here are certain tips and tricks that can guide you to select the best option for your bundle of joy.
- Consult with the Paediatrician – This is the first and easiest option that you can avail. After all, who can know better than the doctor who is an expert and has massive experience in the domain. She will advise you to do away with certain kinds of products. Apart from the medical knowledge, the practitioners also come across these products often and so they know exactly what will work and what won’t for the baby. You can do this prior to bringing the baby home. Ask the doctor for the products that are to be bought which will suit the child be it the lotions, soaps or shampoos.
- Go Through the Labels – As said earlier, you are spoil for options when you are considering the baby products. The great packaging makes the choices even harder. Most of us get swayed by the hard to pronounce products as well as claims that are often not true. But when it comes to your babies it is best to pick those that contain the natural ingredients as much as possible. You should read the product labels and stay away from the chemicals like sulphates, phthalates and parabens as they can harm the sensitive skin of the baby.
- Choose Few Ingredients – As said in the previous point, you should always go for fewer ingredients in the products and steer clear of the fragrances and formaldehydes. Here are certain pointers against the products that are needed for the babies –
- Shampoo – Go for the tearless ones
- Cleanser – Choose the soap-free liquids
- Wipes – Go for the alcohol-free ones and if you are confused, the safest options are just washcloth and water
- Diaper-cream – Petroleum jelly is the best and zinc oxide creams are also quite safe for avoiding the damage on the skin of the baby
- Check How Safe the Product Is – Check the safety of the product prior to purchasing. Now how can you do that before buying! Simple! Just check whether the product has been tasted dermatologically and otherwise. Usually the products that receive a go ahead form the doctors are usually safe. But if you are not sure, check out the reviews of the product prior to purchasing. This will give you a clear idea about what to buy and what to avoid.
- Avoid Items Made of Plastic – There are many products like food bowls, printed drink bottles andmuch morethat are made of plastic. This plastic can be made of the dangerous chemicals and the child can be harmed when he or she comes in contact. Therefore, even after the purchase of the plastic products, it is recommended that you do away with them quite frequently. This will ensure that your baby doesn’t get exposed to anything harmful unknowingly.
- Choose the Clothing Materials Wisely – Skincare for babies is extremely essential. So, avoid the rough clothing and chemicals as much as possible. For protecting the skin from discomfort and the rashes, cotton clothing is most preferred. Even for the wet wipes and diapers, the cotton-based products are recommended.
Babies are sensitive and as parents you should keep the above in mind to avoid careless pitfalls that can have adverse effects on the little one without your knowledge.